I am surprised at the way internet/social media has revolutioned the way we communicate. Most of us are on Facebook, and as much as we hated the new format, it has brought about a shift in the way we connect with people. If you thought Facebook was to 'get in touch' with your friends, it isnt any more. It is about status msgs, updating links, being parts of groups, supporting causes etc.

Social media tools includes Facebook, Twitter, Youttube, blogs etc. These days, more and more organisations are using these tools to create an awareness about their products innovatively and to create a formidable online presence. I am using this too.

I have seen an increase in the number of hits to this blog though many havent been leaving behind comments.

My story - in short :
I use Facebook to increase visibility for my blogs. As soon as I update my blog, it shows up on my Facebook profile. As and when a writer posts on this blog, I update my status msgs and trust me, it has been helping me. The number of visitors being reffered from Facebook has increased.

Are you using Facebook/ Orkut/ Twitter to your advantage? To get more people involved, I want to know how the internet or social media has changed the way you connect with people.
Tell me your story.
( I am yet to register on Twitter though!)
Labels: edit post
2 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    Internet/social media... Its not just 'worth mentioning' when u speak of social communication. It's the most now.
    I am only connected to Orkut, and I use it not just to connect with ppl, but also I try to read their state of mind and attitude, obviously with their status messages, the uploaded videos and communities... :)
    Somehow I feel it good to have such a media since it connects two persons anyway.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Moderator, Moderator...

    I want to put guest blog in your blog. I could not able think any good blog.

    Can I put old blog which I put long time back? I like that old blog and I think poeple will also like that blog.

    Thank you, Moderator


Post a Comment